Line caught sea bass ceviche
Ingredients (4 ppl):
1 Line caught sea bass from Henderson To Home.
1 small piece of ginger.
1 chili pepper.
1 small bunch of coriander.
1 red onion (big).
1 bunch of spring onion.
3 garlic cloves.
50 ml olive oil.
Salt and black pepper.
1. Once the bass is cleaned/filleted, make a fish broth using the bones. Use just cold water. Reserve.
2. Remove the skin and pin bone the sides of your fish.
3. Cut the fish fillets in 1/2 cm dices.
4. Put the fish (dices) with salt in a bowl while chopping the rest of ingredients.
5. Blend the orange/lemon/lime juice with the ginger, the green part of the spring onion, peeled garlic, chili pepper (no seeds), 1/4 of the red onion, olive oil and cold fish broth. The mightier the better!
6. Finely dice the rest of the red onion, the white part of the spring onion and the cucumber.
7. Mix it all and rectify (salt and black pepper to taste!). Leave it for about 4/5 minutes.
You can eat it on its own or along with some plain nachos, banana chips etc